Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A heart condition and the remedy

I can't believe that the date today tells me that it is September 21.  How in the world did this happen?  It seems only yesterday that I was writing my last blog.  A lot has happened since then and God is still on His throne and in control, how awesome is that?!?!? 


I will start with our journey about 2 weeks ago.  The setting is Stonecrest Dr.  The culprits: Natasha (the protagonist), Sean, Logan and Anne.  The setting: the living room.  Picture this:  Tom, we will from hence forth call him the victim, asked his daughter to spend the weekend with him in VT due to the fact that Logan was suffering from a slight head cold and looked pretty much white, a usual condition when he has this cold.  I, call me the co-victim, needed to tend to my little buttercup, since he was suffering (RIGHT) so badly.  Sean had other plans and didn't really plan on going up that weekend.  He has been quite helpful and Tom didn't want to push him into helping all the time.  Plus he was really not himself anyway.  So Tom figured he could spend some quality father-daughter time chopping down some extra trees for beams, since Tasha really loves that.  Well, surprise, surprise but the protagonist wanted nothing to do with the plan.  She was in tears and just didn't want to go up.  Even the tempting offer to go swimming did not sooth her.  So finally Sean stepped in and decided to take her place (kind of like Christ did on the cross for us when He payed our penalty; but of course really not at all).  But unlike Christ, he really didn't sound like he wanted to go either, and was just doing it because Tash wouldn't go.  Well, if anyone knows Tom as well as I have come to know him, in the ohhh say 25 years I have know him, you will know that he don't stand around and dilly dally.  He just does his thing and if no one comes along to help, well, he does it anyway.  Call him stubborn, if you want.

So we are sitting in the living room, Tasha is drying her tears (I think they were crocodile tears) when Tom takes off and there we are.  I am fuming on the inside because I wanted to go and it seems that I was the only one who really wanted to, and because he took off!  Sean was pretty ticked because he had offered to go and once again his father took off without anyone, getting the job done alone.  And Tasha (tears again) crying because she felt guilty that Tom was going to be up there alone.  Logan was fine with the whole thing, he had his Wii.  After things semi calmed down (not really, since there was a lot of stomping on Sean and my part and sniffing on Tasha's part) we got to get some schooling done.  Sean was upset that Tom was going to be using the power tools without anyone near by, rightly so.  I came to the conclusion later that day, that I needed to be where my husband was because the enemy was having a field day with me, and I let him.  So talking to my hubby (he used his cell phone!!!!) we decided that I was to come up Saturday, with or without the older ones (still pouting and fuming, remember).  That night I had a chat with them again and I informed them that I was going up.  I just had this feeling that we all needed to be together up there.  The enemy can do a good job when we let him and when we are separated, spiritually or physically.  Well, this family was both. 

We all decided to make the trip in the morning.  And lo and behold we were not alone.  My brother-in-law Doug and his family and a couple of windows ventured up with us.  What started as a bad day turned out to be a really nice weekend.  Sean was out of sorts the whole time but he was wrestling with a lot.  I think we are all learning that this building is difficult, and that God is working on our hearts.  Today we talked about a commandment of Christ's: Be servants to all.  Well, we have to ask ourselves, are we?  Because then none of these issues will arise.  Christ is working in all our hearts, each addressing things we need to do. 

The week was a good one, and our cinder blocks arrived before they were supposed to.  The Subaru was feeling a little down, but since then it has had a pick me up.  I was glad Sean was up with his cute little truck (someone at the youth group called it a baby Ranger) because we had transportation when the Subaru needed a rest.  Actually, the Subaru was in a sort of cinder prison.  The blocks were dropped off on the driveway and we couldn't get the car out until all the blocks were moved.

While we were moving the blocks to the foundation Sean discovered a mama mouse and baby.  Thank you so much, Miss Judy, for solidifying the desire in Sean to assist little critters like that.  We didn't touch that skid at all and mama was fed some peanut butter (although Chet may have beaten her to it, his favorite treat). 

Sean worked like a wonder again, and Tasha (having discovered that she was building some major muscles) pitched in like crazy.  I was on cooking duty and scraping the top of the blocks.  We build half the walls up really quickly and were able to conduct school in our house with the walls partially finished.  It was kind of neat.  We spent Thursday building and moving the blocks to unblock the Subaru and then Tom decided to have a cold.  Very inconvenient!  How could he.  We came home and spent a couple of days recuperating.  On Saturday we were blessed by spending my father-in-laws birthday with him and the rest of the family and now we are up here again.  My parents, who were supposed to be coming this week, had to cancel due to illness of my mother.  Please pray for healing for her, since she is quite ill it seems.  The kids and I are disappointed as is my sister, since we had a lot of fun things planned.  Fall in New England is a fun time.

The remedy for a heart condition: Christ.  And I think we all learned a lesson that week.  I hope you are all well, and enjoy the pictures I am finally able to post!  There are a few that are from before we poured and while we were pouring.  Enjoy.  Anne






No comments:

Post a Comment