Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Still going strong

Slide down death hill!!




Hello everyone again.  I just thought I would update you on what is going on here.  As usual, I am so glad we are here at this beautiful place. We have had some fun in the last couple of weeks but I want to continue a little on my last blog.  When I left you guys I was lamenting that the cold weather had caused us to go through our supply of wood (hence heat) a little too quick, and that poor Tom was out there almost every other day chopping up our wood.  I just wanted to give this testimony of how great our God is so that is why I'm coming back to that.  I had finished the blog and was pulling up our ROW when I saw that Sean had parked his truck so that I couldn't pull in after him.  I knew there was a major storm coming the next day or so and that we were going to have to move the car for the plow to be able to plow us out.  As I got out of the car (yes I was grumbling a little), I saw a whole lot of wood behind his truck.  I thought to myself, wow, Tom was busy while I was slouching off at the library.  I felt a little bad and then I walked into the basement.  The whole wall next of our stove was filled with wood and there was wood stored in front of the stove.  Sean, Tom and Tasha were bringing in the wood.  Tom told me where the wood had come from (stay with me for a little longer here:)).  I had run into our pastor a week or so previous while buying a new handle for Tom's ax (he goes through them a lot) and had just told him how much time Tom spends on chopping.  Pastor told me that if we ever get into trouble that we should call him and all the guys from church would come and help with the wood chopping.  I assured him that we had enough wood around (10 acres worth), but it was just taking away from building while Tom was chopping.  We agreed that it took time and he shared some horror stories of his childhood chopping wood.  Well, I guess with the storm coming up, he really didn't want us to be chopping and finding ourselves without wood, so him and an elder came and dropped off a lot of dry, hard wood.  I was really thankful and just want to say that, God knows what you are going through, whether you want to believe it or not.  He is not some god that doesn't care what we are going  through down here.  He sent Christ, so that He would know the difficulties we are facing every day,  so that God can sympathize with us.  We are never alone.  It just feels like it because we are so stubborn and want to do things our own way (been there, done that).
There was a lot more.


We weathered the storm better than CT did.  We didn't lose power at all (hahaha) and were nice and toasty.  It was beautiful just to watch the snow coming down.  We got a bit and the next day the kids were all out there having a blast.  The plow had made some impressive mounds and Logan sled down this for a little bit.  Then Sean had the brilliant idea to have a mega sledding (up hill) behind the truck.  They did this for about an hour and you should have heard Logan laughing.  I tried to get a movie out of it but couldn't. Sean and Tasha spent a nice weekend with their cousins last weekend for a concert that was postponed from the weekend of the storm. 


taking a ride on the sled
The rest of us were able to go and find out what Chester had to offer in terms of a winter carnival.  We had a terrific time.  They had two teams of sled dogs and were giving free rides.  It took two hours before we were able to get on the sled and by that time my feet were huge chunks of ice.  But I have to say it was a blast seeing the joy of those dogs when they were told to go.  They were howling when they figured out that it would soon be time to get going.  Very funny.  Unfortunately for Sean, they had to leave before they were able to get on the sled, but I'm sure there will be another time for him to do that.  After the excitement of the sledding (and hot chocolate), Logan and Tom attempted to slide down this rather large hill.  The sled did not want to cooperate with them at all.  So it was a bit of a downer but over all, we had a great day.  I got to defrost my feet once we got home.  The next day brought a cold and headache, but I would do it again.

Since then we actually have lights and plugs that work. I was thrilled when I was able to flip a switch for the first time and "Let there be light"!  It was so much fun.  The wall you see in the picture also now has wood paneling and no longer has the wonderful insulation motive.  So things are moving along.  We just had a couple of great days schooling (thanks Keisha) and are waiting for what is next.


I am glad to notice that the days are getting longer.  The sun is out so much more and we just love that.  I can't believe it is almost March.  Logan is turning 11 in a couple of weeks.  Have a wonderful day, and I say: To God be the glory!




No comments:

Post a Comment